Alabama home
Monday, May 27, 2013
Thank you
On this Memorial Day (and every other day), I am so thankful to those who gave the
ultimate
sacrifice for our country and our freedom.
Thank you for all those who have served, and God Bless all those family members and friends who were left behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
A Quick Visit to Tuskegee
In 2012 son Amos and I made a day trip to some historic sites in Montgomery. We saw a couple of other places as well, including the Clanton ...
It's Valentine's Day already!
Hey friends! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! Praying for all of those that have had horrible weather over the past week. Sno...
Dispensary at the Edgewater Mine, July 1946
Large coal mining operations were often self-contained communities in the U.S., and the Edgewater Mine in western Jefferson County was no ex...
Susan Hayward, Cleburne County Property Owner
I recently ran across one of those fascinating tidbits of Alabama history worth sharing here. In Wayne Ruple's book Cleburne County [ I...
UAB's Anesthesiology Library 1980-2015
From August 1983 until December 2015 I worked as librarian for the Anesthesiology Department in the University of Alabama at Birmingham'...
Birmingham Photo of the Day (7): Alabama Theatre, 1959
This photo of the Alabama Theatre in July 1959 is from the Birmingham Public Library's Digital Collections . I wonder what kind of busin...
Who Are Birmingham Natives Sonia Sanchez and Margaret Walker?
A number of black women born in Alabama have achieved great success or sometimes great controversy in their lives and careers. C...
A 48 hour dining room transformation.
No, this isn't a new remodeling or design post. This is a dramatic transformation from craft room craziness, to Thanksgiving brunch cen...
Alabama Book Covers (16): William P, McGivern
At some point in the dim mists of the past I ran across the Wikipedia entry for fiction and television writer William P. McGivern, which no...
A Walk Among the Pelham Stones
I recently made a visit to the Pelham Cemetery and thought I would share some of what I found. Cemeteries can be places for solemn reflecti...
No comments:
Post a Comment