Monday, September 24, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Happy first week of Fall, y'all!

I can't tell you all how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year!  Some people get excited when they see the first birds and flowers of Spring.  For me, it's that first tip of red or orange in the leaves and that first non-90 degree breeze that blows through the air.  To make things even better this Fall, the weather has been gorgeous and cool!  It's even supposed to get down into the 40's in the next few nights.  I am LOVING IT!

------------------------------------

Thank you ALL so much for your super-sweet words of encouragement for Jameson last week.  His Thursday was horrible, but Friday morning, he got up in a fairly decent mood, and made it to school with a smile on his face.   I helped with a small PTA event Friday afternoon during school that Jameson got to attend.  The first thing I did was grab him and ask him how his day went.  He smiled and said "It's been pretty good!"  **whew!**  That was music to my ears!  His weekend went well, too, so I think things are on the upswing!

  We took him out to eat to the restaurant of his choice Friday night:

My sushi, not his.  LOL
and then for a little dessert:


We wanted to take him to the movies, too, but there wasn't anything on we wanted to see this weekend.  Next weekend, for sure though!
 
Also, after putting his iPod Touch in dry rice overnight, it STILL WORKS!  The picture quality isn't what it used to be, but it still works!  I think he will be more careful of where he leaves it from now on.

-------------------------------------

Saturday night was the Team Bryson March of Dimes fundraiser that I was asked to speak at.  I was SO nervous about speaking in front of all of those people.  Beforehand, I went through my story several times, taking out some things and adding others, but never actually timing myself.  Well, I think that may have been a mistake because when I looked down after I finished, I had talked for 46 minutes!  


 I was so embarrassed to have taken up so much time!  But, when it comes to Chelsea's story, I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out.  I was so honored and felt totally undeserving to be asked to speak.  I am very thankful that I was given this opportunity!

The benefit went great and several hundred dollars were raised!  There were wonderful singers, musicians and entertainers.  Hopefully, this event will continue to grow every year!

-------------------------------------------

I did get a slow start to my Fall decorating on Sunday.  We had planned to get everything out right after Church, but Marty got called into work and once he got back home, he left to help a friend do some things, so it was late when we actually got started.  There is Halloween/Fall stuff EVERYWHERE!  We have stuff strolled from the kitchen, to the dining room, through the living room, and outside on the front porch.  It's INSANE!  I did manage to get a few things up:




 I just wish I was one of those people who could just put everything together and know exactly what I wanted to and within a few hours, everything would be completely finished.  Instead, I piddle and fiddle, and get completely overwhelmed; never finishing anything.  I HOPE I'm able to at least get a complete look together and get the house cleaned up before Halloween gets here!  LOL

-------------------------------------

Look what's coming to a neighboring city:


If Marty starts having cravings for hot wings, I will know! ;)

------------------------------------

Guess what this is:


It's a piece that just fell off my computer!  It is a casualty of the Sweets vs the printer/computer episode.  It's been hanging on for several weeks now, but last night, it finally decided to pop off.

**sigh**

I am NOT ready to go in debt for another computer, just yet!

--------------------------------------

Well, I guess that's enough updates for now!  I hope you all have a wonderful and fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts